Thursday, December 4, 2008

A question that I try too hard not to ask: "What if I'm not as strong as you think I am?"

Maybe it's the look and the encouraging answer that would be sure to follow, that I'm not sure I want to hear... but it's comforting to know that I'm the one that needs convincing, not you.

So what do I need? Time? I don't think so. I think it's more so that I don't think about what I need enough. In my defense, it's usually because I'm too consumed with others needs. In your defense, I also get distracted way too easily.

There isn't time to go through every distracting trade-off. The reality is that things I love keep me from the things I love more. Damn this ridiculously positive disposition of mine... I swear I could make a killing selling my excess serotonin. Damn it Teej, that's not the point. Focus!

The answer isn't in the trade-off, it's actually surprisingly similar to the plan. The connection isn't in logistics, it's in the word. The word is 'companionship', and it doesn't represent a trade-off, it represents a balance of everything I love. It represents who I am.

Please love my thoughts, so I can explore them all with you.
I love you.

No comments: