Thursday, April 2, 2009

Redefinition

I started writing for the simple purpose of trying to find out where to go from here ('here' clearly being relative to my situation at the time). I titled my blog, "The Next Step" because I felt that was always, all I needed. Beyond the next step was irrelevant, because when you're lost, one step in the right direction makes all the difference. My optimistic spirit was convinced that the rest would work itself out.

However, now the tables have turned.

I found my error when I tried to add up all of these abstract, obscure ideas. I carefully placed them in to a pile, then added heat. I melted them down in to one huge introspective lens. I set it up with myself as the target. Do you know what I saw?

Nothing. Well not really nothing, but it might as well have been nothing. It didn't matter.

Then I figured it out. The goal of every post was to help me take that one step. That step has now been taken. I have chosen my path, it's with the girl I love. I have chosen to take her, and journey with her. She is now square one, and the steps have changed.

This is nothing less than a redefinition of reality.
This is a redefinition of self.

No comments: